Sunday, February 5, 2012

Take A Little of This and A Little of That...

....And you put that shit together to make yourself a post. :) Man, you ever have one of those weeks where you can't wait for Monday to come so you can hit the reset button and release the baggage of the past seven days? Yeah? I got one day left to go...I can't remember the last time I was so glad to see a week end. lol I could complain about each problem individually and in great detail (don't think the thought did not cross my mind...it did...) but because I like and value my pals here in the world of blogs, I'll do a shorter condensed version. Ready for it? Deep breath...
It started with a fight (nothing good follows that in my world)...and then a makeup (aha...so you think right now shit might get better and you set your standard for the week higher than you should)...and then someone very dear to me decides to drop off the face of the planet (maybe not the planet as a whole but my little slice of it) and because this person has a...how shall I put this?...colorful history my mind has gone over a million negative possibilities for what might have happened. However, because this same person also has the tendency to drop off the face of my planet for a few days (though not usually this long) I am probably being paranoid so I've decided to stop thinking on that. Then grandpa went back into the hospital and he's been none to happy about it which made grandma unhappy and let me tell ya something, folks, when grandma aint happy aint NO BODY happy...then some events transpired that have left me with a choice that isn't much of a choice at all concerning my life...then my ex's first child's mother passed away unexpectedly. Now, while this is quite sad (she was young, had three children, and died of a heroin overdose...very sad indeed) and my heart goes out to her family, in my mind there was no reason why I should have been contacted by everyone who knows us both (including my own mother) about this bringing up that entire part of my life that I do not want any ties to anymore....my body has been a bitch...my mind isn't helping things....BUT....
Silver lining to every cloud, ya know...
I have written somewhere between fifty and sixty pages of Rapunzel this week and I am so close to the finish line I could almost smell it (if my nose was about twelve feet long). We've made it into the 20th century at least. Won't be long now before the proof-reading begins and then she goes out into the world and I...well...I get another book to promote, another blog to start, and a whole new query letter to write. Well hell. I was excited for a minute. haha No, seriously, this is good news. I am ready to finish this book (again...only for good this time) and start Beauty and the Beast. So far I've had only a small introduction to my new set of characters, the made up people I will be spending the next year or so with and I am ready to know them better, to see where this story is going to go. So as long as I stay productive and my writing keeps flowing, it aint all bad. 
In other news...You like music? I LOVE music. And in the past two weeks two tours have been announced that have caught my attention. The first is Staind and Godsmack (Godsmack I could totally do without but I would probably grit my teeth and sit through a Justin Beiber concert as long as Staind would follow him) and Staind (Or, more accurately, Aaron because he is the one who keeps doing this with his damned solo dates) has literally gone complete around the state of Ohio. So if I want to see them this year I need to come up with the money and a ride either to Lexington Ky. or Huntington WV. Their new video is terribly flashy and they are playing roughly one hundred miles from me...the band isn't earning any points for being epileptic friendly these days. hahaha Anyway, Rock on the Range, which is a pretty big deal here in Ohio, has finally announced their line up this week and Marilyn Manson is going to be there (so is Godsmack...but not Staind...even though they are touring together at that time...go figure.) The Staind show, if I go to the one in Kentucky, is on the fourth of May and Rock on the Range is May twelfth. That gives me three months to figure out if I am really going to attempt on a shoe string budget to see both shows and if I am...how. I haven't been to a concert since (get this!) 2003. Nine friggin' years, man! I think it is time. Plus I've been all psyched anyway because last year Staind, Seether, and Evanescence all released new albums. And....best part of all...in my opinion they were all bad ass.  I will give you one guess who I would have put on a tour together if I ruled the world...lol So I have a goal and now all I need is a plan. That shouldn't be too hard for a Neurotic Type A Personality like me, right? I'll be sure to let you all know how that works out for me. 
So, my week overall? Not great. And I hope yours was better, my friends. But it's all good because I hold tight to Scarlet's theory with her overly dramatic "Because tomorrow....is another day!" It is. Always. And if I need further inspiration to remind me to let it go and look ahead there is always this song:
Makes me smile (and get the hell over myself) every time, man. :) So here's to tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment